Olusegun Obasanjo Prize for Scientific Discovery Application Form 2018/2019 – The African Academy of Science, is however currently inviting suitably qualified applicants to apply for her Olusegun Obasanjo Prize for Scientific Discovery Application Form from any interested applicants.
The Olusegun Obasanjo Prize for Scientific Discovery and/or Technological Innovation is planned to reward and honor African scientists who have made outstanding contributions in scientific discovery or technological innovation.
The Prize has been named in honor of the former President of Nigeria, H.E. Chief Olusegun Obasanjo in recognition of his exemplary statesmanship and leadership at the national, territorial and international levels and his contributions to political prosperity, socio-economic development and the positive job he has played in supporting the spirit of scientific discovery and technological innovation in the African continent.
The Olusegun Obasanjo Prize for scientific discovery and/or technological innovation is granted once like clockwork to singular scientists or a gathering of scientists that the Prize Selection Committee regards to have made outstanding scientific discovery or technological innovation that produce social and economic benefits for the development of the continent.
Such breakthroughs may be based on advanced research in higher educational or research institutions or based on empirical observations derived from indigenous and local knowledge systems.
The African Academy of Science (AAS) seeks to promote and foster growth of a vibrant African scientific community, and to stimulate and nurture the spirit of scientific discovery and technological innovation that would serve socio-economic development in Africa. The Chief Obasanjo Prize will be awarded to each of the following fields:
- Information and communication technologies, and
- Material sciences.
Eligibility & Requirements For Olusegun Obasanjo Prize
The Prize is open to all African scientists and technologists and does not recognize gender, ethnic, or geographical differences. National scientists and Fellows in the employment of or who serve as senior advisors to The AAS are not eligible for nomination. Similarly, the award may not be made to any person who is a current member of the Governing Organ of The AAS. Similarly, the award may not be made to any person who is a current member of the Governing Organ of The AAS.
What Are The Benefits Of Olusegun Obasanjo Prize?
The Prize, which shall be awarded every two years, has three components:
- Cash award of US$5,000 but this may periodically be reviewed and adjusted by the Governing Council (GC) of The AAS;
- Gold Medal inscribed; and a
- Citation – in a form of certificate.
The Prize may be awarded to an individual or jointly to two or more persons who will share the cash award in equal amounts.
How to Nominates for Olusegun Obasanjo Prize For Scientific Discovery/Innovation | How To Apply?
Nominations are to be submitted on the AAS Ishango Online System. Self nominations will be accepted. Please follow the instructions below.
- Follow this link to get to the AAS Ishango Online System: https://aasishango.ccgranttracker.com/
- Register as a new user if you have not used the system before. If you have used the system before please proceed to step iv.
- The system will email you a temporary password.
- Follow the link https://aasishango.ccgranttracker.com/ again to access the system
- Go to existing user and log in with your password (first time users will be requested to replace their temporary password with one of their choice).
- Once you log in go to new grant application and go to click here
- Select The Olusegun Obasanjo Prize for Scientific and Technological Innovation and click onapply to begin filling in the online form.
- Once you have provided al the required information, please validate and submit the form.
Please contact Olivia Osula at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need any clarification.
When Will The Application For Olusegun Obasanjo Prize for Scientific and Technological Innovation 2018 Closes?
The closing date and Deadline for submission of application form for Olusegun Obasanjo Prize for Scientific and Technological Innovation is 6th December, 2018.