Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
MTN Lumos – Cheap Eletricity with Solar Power
MTN Lumos – Cheap Eletricity with Solar Power – MTN Introduced a fast-growing energy solution in Nigeria called MTN Lumos Solar Power which comprises of a single rooftop solar panel and a suitable-sized battery which can power small appliances at home such as; mobile phones, TV and fans using our nation’s abundant sunshine.Photo courtesy of Lumos
Also Read: How to Check Your National ID Card Status
Why we Must use MTN Lumos Solar Power kit
- With MTN Lumos you do not need any third party to install the kits for you. In this manner, I call it ”do-it-yourself kits”
- MTN Lumos Solar power help us all in replacing candles, kerosene lighting and diesel generators that are costly and which also have health and safety risks.
- MTN advertises the Lumos kits, sells them in its stores and provides customer service through its call center.
More Facts About MTN Lumos Solar Power kit
MTN Lumos Solar Power kit already prevalent in Kenya, Rwanda and India and its being sold in Nigeria by Lumos, a five-year-old startup based in the Netherlands. They cost about $75 upfront and then customers pay for the electricity they plan to use through pre-paid cash mobile phones, which have been revolutionizing commerce across Africa. No bank accounts or credit cards are required. Also Read:Liaison Office Addresses in Lagos
MTN Lumos works with mobile giant MTN and this was announced in December with total budget of $90 million, with $50 million coming from the Overseas Private Investment Corporation, a U.S. government agency. The investment doubled the world’s previous largest investment in off-grid solar energy sector, to Off Grid Electric.
How does MTN Lumos Solar Power kit Works?
- The way the MTN Lumos Solar kit works is simple.
- Lumos customers pay an initial fee their solar kit, which comes with a Chinese-manufactured, 80-watt solar panel and a yellow box that contains a battery device and eight sockets, as well as a satellite link.
- MTN Lumos kits, which are light enough for an individual to carry home or on a motorcycle, come with instructions for mounting the panel on a rooftop.
- As a customer, you can buy credit for electricity by sending a text message and the payment gets deducted from your account balance with the mobile operator. Once 1,500 days of use are paid for, the customer owns the kit and can get the power for free.
What are you waiting for?
Get your now and enjoy cheapest Electricity.