Extract Zip Files – How to Extract Zip Files Guidelines
Zip file is not an ordinary file we can access anyhow, it is an uncompressed folder on your computer. These files are sometimes unusable till you compressed the file from the folder. Make sure you take this note that zip file is different from other compression-like RAR files. This doesn’t need special software for opening on a computer. If you need to extract zip files on your android, you will need to download an app to help your download the file.
How to extract zip file on your computer
- Search for the zip folder, this is if you have downloaded the file online, you will see it in your download folder.
- You will need to double click the zip folder to get it opened.
- Tap on extract. This will be placed at the top of the zip folder window; you will find a toolbar below to get your file extracted.
- Tap on extract all, this is in the extract toolbar, it will show up on the screen.
- Tap on browser, this is at the right of the address bar close to the top of the extract compressed zipped files window.
- Choose a place to save the file, you can create a folder, tap on the folder name, this is at the left side to choose a location that will uncompress the file and store it.
- Tap on select folder, this is at the bottom of the window, when you are doing this, this will go back to the extract compressed zipped files window.
- Tap on the extract. This is at the right bottom corner of the window; your files will extract from the zip folder to our selected save folder.
How to Extract zip File on your android
- Go to your android play store then following the below step
- Click on the search bar
- Input the word WinZip
- Click on the WinZip-zip unzip tool
- Click on install
ALSO, READ – How To Make Use Of Android App On Your Laptop
- Click on accept when requested
- Now download the zip file on your android. This is done by accessing the service that will save the file, click on the download button.
- Access the zip file. Click on the WinZip app image, that looks like a folder that looks like a book on each other.
- Choose your default storage, sometimes you will need to click maybe your SD card or your internal storage.
- Click on download folder, you will see the option in the section of your chosen storage.
- Tap on the zip folder click on the checkbox at the right of your zip folder name
- Click on unzip image, this is a zipper shaped icon at the right top corner of the screen.
- Choose a save location. Click on the main route like storage. Choose the folder inside the location that you are saving your extracted files.
- Click on “unzip here”, this is a blue button below the right top corner of the screen. It will request the files to extract their own folder in your chosen storage location. After the extraction is done, it will open to display the extracted files.