Big Data and Analytics CoPrime Job at Oracle Nigeria
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Big Data and Analytics CoPrime – in MEA Region – Nigeria
Ref ID: 17000FML
Job Type: Regular Employee Hire
- The goal of the Big Data and Analytics CoPrime is to support and enable the MEA Sales Organization and business partners to maximize revenue and return associated with Oracle’s Big Data and Analytics solution portfolio, especially our Cloud offerings.
- The CoPrime is to participate in Sales’ effort to win revenue by helping create pipeline, implementing campaigns, positioning use cases, and developing customer references related to Oracle’s Big Data and Analytics solution portfolio.
- The CoPrime must evangelize our Big Data and Analytics solution in the market and develop strategy for Sales, Customers and Partners as required.
- The ideal candidate will have relevant background and demonstrable experience in driving Big Data and Analytics programs within a complex sales environment, especially for our Cloud offerings.
- The CoPrime will have responsibility for driving business results and providing strategic guidance by leading initiatives covering all products within the Big Data and Analytics solution portfolio.
- A strategic thinker with the proven ability to provide direction to his/her sales counterparts and execute revenue generating activities as well as implement effective campaigns to build required pipeline.
- The ideal candidate should be results oriented with exceptional communication skills, and should have the ability to collaborate with a diverse constituent base across internal and external business cadres.
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
- Sells a subset of product or services directly or via partners to a large number of named accounts/non-named accounts/geographical territory (mainly Tier 3 accounts).
- Primary job duty is to sell technology software products and related services in a defined territory. Identifies, qualifies and closes new opportunities. Manages accounts including the entire sales process from business development prospecting and specifications through contract negotiations, signing, and post-sales support.
- Leverages the Oracle sales model to maximize revenue growth and increase local market share. Builds and expands business partner revenue and self sufficiency.
- Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization.
- 8 years applicable experience including 7 years of technology sales experience.
- Ability to forecast, manage sales expenses, and successfully close new Oracle business.
- Business development, prospecting and presentation skills. Excellent communication skills and problem solving ability.
- Proven track record of exceeding sales objective and territory/account development.
- Experience as the focal point for clients for all sales and related issues.
- Oracle knowledge and/or knowledge of Oracle*s competitors.
- Travel may be needed. Bachelor degree or equivalent.
Scope of Responsibilities
- To be the Big Data and Analytics CoPrime for a specified territory in MEA.
- To identify, collaboratively define, and drive programs that drive revenue, value and best practice.
- To be the prime source of business propositions and strategy building – disseminating and sharing knowledge and expertise extensively across territory.
- Formally reports within MEA Big Data & Analytics team; works xLoB to drive the go to market plan.
- Co-create and Co-own, with Business Development leaders as well as Product Leaders, a Go-to- Market plan with defined stakeholders, clear strategy, specific objectives and detailed tactics.
- Collaborate effectively across multiple teams and stakeholders to achieve goals: Cloud Sales, Core Tech and Systems Sales, Sales Consulting, EMEA Big Data and Analytics Team, Services Teams such as OCS and ACS, the Industries Group, xLoB Architects, Alliances and Channels, Marketing etc.
- Create, communicate, monitor and review achievement
- Ability to host and speak at Oracle marketing events as well as 3rdparty product and industry forums.
- Identify, build and maintain xLoB internal network of people who can support achievement of the Big Data and Analytics Go-to-Market plan.
- Conduct analysis and prepare data to feed into MEA Management reports pertaining to market conditions, potential to grow, performance and opportunities
Additional Areas of Activity:
- Identifies and builds the most lucrative opportunities for solutions for customers and creates repetitive demand for such solutions across multiple channels, working with relevant contributors, and leveraging facilitating teams and partners to achieve MEA growth plans for Big Data and Analytics.
- Focuses greatly upon increasing our Cloud footprint in the market, and upon improving the ratio of growth for Cloud vs On Premise solutions.
- Identifies trendsetter ideas in the industry/markets and assesses the competitive edge for Oracle’s Big Data and Analytics value proposition.
- Provides periodic product updates for the Sales as well as facilitating units, and acts as the advocate/ evangelist and point of contact for the solution area.
- Maintains an understanding of the Big Data product market in ECEMEA and supports Sales, by territory, through business monitoring.
- Establishes priorities and maximizes key opportunities for Big Data and Analytics within the Oracle economy and wider competitive market.
- Collates, documents, disseminates and shares knowledge and expertise extensively.
- Works with Marketing counterpart to build and execute an aligned and regionally relevant pipeline generation plan, with supporting content on solution.
Ideal Candidate Skills
- Masters Degree in relevant field (could be an MBA, a Comp Science degree, or other degrees which focus on analysis and strategy development).
- Full understanding of Oracle Big Data and Analytics solution portfolio offerings and strategy.
- Clear understanding of technology concepts such as Cloud, PaaS/IaaS, IoT, Machine Learning, AI etc. all of which are closely related with Big Data and Analytics.
- 10 years+ of experience in relevant software markets with experience in analytical and business management in strategic sales and/or business development organization.
- Strong communication skills with internal and external parties.
- Excellent analytical skills and understanding of broad market forces in the region.
- Experience in and affinity with working in an international and multi-cultural environment.
- Ability to self-manage, with strong organizational and planning skills is critical.
- Proven team player – with ability to work with team members across geographies, across LoB.
- Ability to build relationships at all levels in the organization.
- Ability to deal with complex problems, evaluate risks, make decisions where there is no precedent or formal procedures.
- The ideal candidate will have a bias towards action, be able to build broad coalitions of people and be execution focused. The work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical and business skills.
- The candidate will also show a strong understanding of the geo/political aspects of the target markets and the impact on the potential success of the sales plan.
- A strong, proven track record in an international environment is a key requirement.
- As part of Oracle’s employment process candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment screening process, prior to an offer being made. This will involve identity and employment verification, salary verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).
Application Closing Date for Big Data and Analytics CoPrime Job
How to Apply for Big Data and Analytics CoPrime Job
Click here to apply online